Double from Double Robotics gives you a physical presence at school when you can’t be there in person. Double is being used in higher education in many ways, including building hybrid classrooms with both online and in-person students, to enable professors to continue teaching when they move out of state, and even in library services for giving remote tours and showcasing innovative technology. Bringing the rich learning environment of a classroom to a homebound or hospitalized student can be very difficult. Double enables the remote student to join the classroom in realtime, interact with other students one-on-one, and participate in group discussion. The telepresence robot is a revolutionary tool for homebound students. Double is helping to save school districts tens of thousands of dollars in their Professional Development budgets. Through partnerships with service providers, like Lindamood-Bell and TinyEYE Therapy Services, experts can join the classroom remotely, while maintaining a mobile presence. The remote expert no longer wastes time driving around the district or flying around the country. You can get more PD for your budget or re-allocate that budget to other learning activities. Double Robotics helped Eric Tuthill, an 18 year old student suffering from dysautonomia. Eric’s dysautonomia — also known as autonomic neuropathy — often forces him to stay at home. The vibrations from the short drive from his Lake Ann home to Traverse City can create side effects that last more than a week. His mother, Julianne Tuthill, assesses the risks every time they leave the house. The family seized the opportunity when TBAISD’s assistive technology team suggested using Double 2 Telepresence Robot to all Eric to attend school while at home. Read the full story here. To get more information or pricing for your district please contact Educate-me.net today.
Increased compatibility!Not only is it compatible for tablets, it also accommodates any USB powered mobile device, including iPads, Android tablets and e-book readers, and connects using cables supplied with devices. Using Cambrionix U12S technology, DeskCabby allows you to simultaneously synchronize all your devices at once! You can sync your apps, media and usable content through things such as iTunes or Apple configurator from your office, home, or classroom. click here or call (877) 791-4550 and a representative will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have! To view even more LapCabby products visit us at http://www.educate-me.net/product-category/manufacturer/lapcabby/.
Read the full story here For more information or special educational pricing on LapCabby click here.
A recent pilot project conducted in the UK demonstrated how new and emerging technologies such as the 3Doodler can enhance, shape and influence an educational setting in a variety of ways; as well as encourage students to take on new challenges. The program specifically highlighted how the 3Doodler can be used to:
- Incentivize performance amongst students;
- Diversify teaching methods within the classroom;
- Stimulate kinaesthetic and visual learners;
- Enhance the performance of divergent thinkers;
- Improve concentration amongst students, including those with ADHD;
- and Level the playing field between male and female students, especially in the sciences
Key Terms & Concepts
- Kinaesthetic learning – when students learn optimally by “doing”. Such students may struggle to learn solely by reading or listening
- Visual learning – a teaching and learning style in which ideas, concepts, data, and other information are portrayed visually, with images and other visual techniques
- Auditory learning – a learning style in which a person learns through listening
- Divergent thinking – a thought process or method used to generate creative ideas by exploring all possible solutions
- Convergent thinking – a type of thinking that focuses on coming up with a single, well-established answer to a problem. It is oriented toward deriving the single best, or “most correct” answer to a question